The Trust (Reg. Charity No. 309639) is constantly seeking new ways in which to deliver its charitable objects to a young public without regard to wealth, race, religion, social or academic status. The Prep Schools Trust supports a variety of organisations with which it feels a close affiliation. The Trust’s schools have developed close links with their local communities and schools in the maintained sector.
Partnerships and community engagement activities include:
- Specialist teaching and shared professional development for staff in local primary schools, for example WISE Academies, Mowden Hall and Dry Sandford, Cothill;
- Access to facilities for pupils, for example, Chandlings has developed links with Long Furlong School, enabling their Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 pupils to have weekly swimming lessons at Chandlings swimming pool taught by Chandlings’ specialist swimming teachers;
- Enrichment days for local pupils, for example the year 3 adventure afternoon at Three Peaks, Barfield and the annual Maths challenge at Mowden Hall;
- Charity fundraising both in terms of money raised and resources provided, such as books donated by Chandlings to the local children’s ward and many charity fundraising activities at our schools;
- Community projects, in particular, the Mowden Hall St James’ Bells project and the Kitebrook involvement with the local Silver Service lunch;
- The Trust schools take an active part in local church life.
We offer bursaries to families that are unable to afford the full fees but whose children would benefit from preparatory school education. For more information, visit our bursaries page here.